Educational Skills present in Final Fantasy IV (II in the US) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
* Money Management (e.i. player goes into stores to purchase new equipment)
* Multiple Digit Numbers
* Understanding Less and More Values (health running low so needs a potion)
* Vocabulary — multisyllabic words (e.i. annihilate, capitulate, reprehensible, etc.
* Literary Concepts such as dramatic irony, the heroes story, quest for redemption, etc.
* Spatial Exercises — distinguishing up, down, left, right. Introduction of cardinal directions.
* some political education (kingdoms, militarism, etc.)
* Interpersonal lessons (Kain betrays his friends, perfect time to ask if this was socially acceptable behavior)
* Understanding value (e.g. this sword is better because it’s attack value is higher.
* Introduction to the names of mythological creatures (e.g. Leviathan, Ifrit, etc.)
And probably lots more than I can think of right now. Remember, the right video game can have educational value.